Corporate Governance and Director Duties Excellence 2019
12th – 15th Nov 2019 @ 8:00 am | Mauritius
Public companies and their directors and officers face increasing responsibilities, and even increased the risk of liability. They are also under intense scrutiny and in at least some cases significant pressure from investors and regulators. Changing investor expectations and increased investor willingness to seek or force change, through activist campaigns and other methods, have changed the environment in which directors and officers and their advisers operate. These developments have been complicated by significant legal and regulatory changes. Corporate governance provides the framework within which directors and officers must operate in fulfilling their responsibilities. In-house and outside advisers are called on both to provide day-to-day counseling and to address crisis situations in the corporate governance context.
This 4 Day Masterclass will focus on the 2019 trends and good practices in Good Corporate Governance and Role of the Management. The 4-Day masterclass aimed to provide you with tips and tools to firmly cement yourself as strategic advisor and corporate governance champion of your organisation. The three-day workshop will encourage discussions and interactions between delegates and there will be case studies and group work as part of the program.
- How to Build an Effective Board of Competent Directors.
- Director’s Duties and Responsibilities.
- The Challenges And Opportunities Facing Directors And Boards, And How They Should Be Addressed.
- The Distinction between Direction and Management, and How to Create More Competent Directors and More Effective Boards.
- How Directors Are And Should Be Prepared For The Boardroom.
- The Differing Conduct of Successful and Unsuccessful Boards and How to Develop a Winning Boardroom Team.
- Develop Key Result Areas For Your Board And Individual Directors.
- Identify The Relevant Legislation Of The Companies Act And The Applicable Guidelines Of Corporate Governance Codes Of Conduct Best Practices.
- Understand The Correlation Between Good Corporate Governance And Shareholder Value Creation And Wealth Maximization.
- Handle Director’s Dilemmas and Adopt Approaches That Support Innovation and Business Development.
- Typical Obstacles To Director Contribution And Board Effectiveness And How They Can Be Overcome.
- CEO / COO
- Chief Internal Auditor
- Chief Risk Officer
- Head of Compliance
- Head of Finance / CFO
- Head of Fraud & Inspection
- Legal head /Director
- HR Directors
- Secretary to Boards
- Company secretaries
- Audit Committee Chairs & Members
- Corporate governance professionals
- Understanding the Governance Context
- Governance as a Business critical Function
- Directors’ Duties & Responsibilities
- Directors’ Authority and ‘How to Stay Out Of Prison’
- Formulating Strategy
- Hope for the Best, Plan for the Worst
- Culture Eats Strategy for Breakfast
- ‘Risquare’ To Dare To Do (Latin)
- Do What You Can, Where You Are, With What You Have
- Problems Cannot Be Solved At the Same Level of Awareness That Created Them
- Board Organisation, Purpose and Role of the Board and Its Members
- Board Housekeeping
- The Board’s Principal Role of Making High-Quality Decisions
- Companies Don’t Fail, Boards Do
- Strategies for Improving Director Effectiveness
- Strategies for Improving Board Effectiveness
CXO CITY TOUR
Interesting course and knowledgeable speaker.
Tan Khoo HwaHead of Contracts, MTW Singapore Pte Ltd
Trainer is very effective & knowledgeable, informative and I learned a lot.
Larry TayContracts Manager, Singapore LNG
Methodology of the training is excellent (stimulation, discussion)
Ana Michaela Antentia
Learnt a lot about LNG and sharing ideas with others.
Cynthia WangEngineering Project Manager, Compass Energy
It was value add to my company.