With more than half of the world’s people and businesses, Banks prospects are bright if it can harness the energy and ideas of its SME sector. This requires an orientation for banks towards the scale and approaches of SMEs that differ from the traditional corporate sector.
These new approaches require that banks establish proper strategies, oversight mechanisms, and analytics, while also introducing new products, services, and processes to capture this business.
To address this need, this course will provide an overview of SME strategy development, bank governance and management requirements, customer relationship management and SME-oriented products, financing methods and impact on bank ratios, and credit risk management and scoring systems.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
At the conclusion of the course you will:
- Understand how strategic management is used to develop, implement and monitor an effective SME banking business strategy.
- Understand how to identify attractive clients and assess their future potential with the use of heat mapping techniques that address the concerns of credit and marketing functions by combining an assessment of risk and return in the client selection process.
- Understand the importance of defining and strategically segmenting the market and how customer sets drive the level of service required and thus the selection of the appropriate business model.
- Identifying suitable collateral to support SME loans – it’s not just about landed security.
- Understand that developing and articulating a sound Customer Value Proposition requires a robust investigation into customers’ needs and preference; and facilitates the design and development of innovative SME specific loan, deposit and nonfinancial products that can be creatively bundled for specifically targeted customer sets.
- Introducing a range of innovative SME-specific products that are suitable for SME borrowers and depositors.
- Understand essential tools and concepts used to manage and limit the adverse impact of nonperforming loans.
- Understand how to build an SME focused sale force that reflects the business model and competencies required to respond to customers’ needs and preferences.
- Understand how to assess and mitigate industry, business, financial and non-financial risks associated with the business of SME lending.
- Understand how such terms and concepts as Asset Conversion Cycle, Asset Investment Cycle, and Lending Rationales are used to assess financing needs and financing methods.
3-DAY COURSE AGENDA
- Developing & Implementing a Successful SME Strategy
- Evaluation of Management, Industry & Business Risk for SMEs
- Financial Analysis of SMEs
- Systems Based Underwriting
- Developing & Offering The Right Products For The SME Market
- Environmental, Social & Governance Compliance
- Leadership From Above – The Role Of Policy, Governance & Systems
- Delivery Channels
- SME Credit Risk Management
- SME Marketing and Relationship Management
- Mastering credit risk in SME banking
- SME relationship profitability and SME pricing
- Loan monitoring & problem loans
- Closing dialogue & summary
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
If you want to improve your banks performance then you should be there!
- Head of SME Banking
- Heads of Marketing
- Head of Business Banking
- Head Development Banking
- Head Emerging Markets
- Regional Managers and branch managers
- Head Commercial Bank
- Distribution heads and SME specialists
- Head of SME product development
- Strategic Planning Personnel
- Credit Management department